RBC® has just released a new set of offers on its pair of WestJet co-branded credit cards, which includes an all-time high bonus on the flagship WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard.
Until March 14, 2024, the record-high offer on the WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard is for up to 700 WestJet Dollars,† and the offer on the lower-tier WestJet RBC® Mastercard has also been extended.†
WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard: Up to 700 WestJet Dollars!†
There’s a new offer available for the WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard, which is the highest offer we’ve seen on the card to date.
If you apply and are approved as a new cardholder, you can earn up to 700 WestJet Dollars† as a welcome bonus, which is structured as follows:
- Earn 300 WestJet Dollars upon first purchase†
- Earn 300 WestJet Dollars upon spending $5,000 in the first three months†
- Earn 100 WestJet Dollars as a one-time anniversary bonus†
Unlike in previous offers, the annual fee isn’t rebated this time, and you’re required to pay the $119 annual fee.† However, in the first year, you can earn up to 600 WestJet Dollars with the welcome bonus alone,† which is surely worth the price of admission if you fly with WestJet.
To unlock the full welcome bonus, you’ll need to keep the card into the second year to earn the third batch of 100 WestJet Dollars,† which is almost equivalent to the annual fee.
In terms of earning rates, you’ll earn 2% back in WestJet Dollars per dollar spent on eligible WestJet flights and vacations,† and 1.5% back in Westjet Dollars per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.†
You’ll also get a WestJet companion voucher to use every year,† which is one of the card’s stand-out features. If used strategically, you can easily save hundreds of dollars on a WestJet flight booking for two.
If you’re a solo traveller who won’t make good use of the companion voucher, you can convert it into a set of four WestJet lounge passes for use at the flagship WestJet Elevation Lounge in Calgary instead.
A welcome bonus of up to 700 WestJet Dollars,† with up to 600 WestJet Dollars awarded in the first year,† is essentially like getting a $700 discount towards a WestJet booking.†
If both you and your partner were to apply and be approved for this card, you’re looking at a total of $1,400 to put towards WestJet flights in the first two years, which could also be used in tandem with the companion voucher to save on a trip.†
Furthermore, if you’re interested in flying WestJet 787 business class, then the best way to save money on the fare is by simply applying WestJet Dollars to the booking. 700 WestJet Dollars could go a long way towards letting you experience WestJet’s most premium cabin on the cheap.
The card also comes with a number of features that are beneficial for anyone who flies WestJet with any frequency, including:
- Free first checked bag for the cardholder and up to eight other passengers travelling on the same reservation
- Complimentary Boingo Wi-Fi, which can be used on WestJet’s Boingo-equipped flights so that you can stay connected while in the air, as well as at Boingo hotspots around the world
- Strong travel insurance and purchase protection benefits†
As a reminder, qualification for WestJet status is based on your qualifying spend on WestJet flights every calendar year, with the following spend thresholds required for each status level:
The Status Lift benefit allows you to get closer to WestJet status with your spending on the co-branded card. You’ll earn $500 in qualifying spend for every $15,000 spent on the card, up to three times.†
Therefore, if you were to spend $45,000 on the card in a year, you’d earn $1,500 in qualifying spend,† which gets you halfway to WestJet Silver status.†
This record-high offer expires on March 14, 2024, so if you fly with WestJet with any frequency, be sure to add the card to your portfolio before then.
The WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard has a minimum personal income of $80,000 or a household income of $150,000, to be eligible to apply.†
- Earn 300 WestJet Dollars upon making your first purchase†
- Plus, earn 300 WestJet Dollars upon spending $5,000 in the first three months†
- Plus, earn 100 WestJet Dollars as a one-time anniversary bonus†
- Plus, receive an annual companion voucher for discounted travel on WestJet flights, with a co-pay starting at $119 plus taxes and fees†
- Minimum income: $80,000 personal or $150,000 household
- Annual fee: $119
WestJet RBC® Mastercard: Up to 100 WestJet Dollars
If you don’t meet the minimum income requirements for the WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard, and you still want to earn WestJet Dollars, then you can consider the offer on the WestJet RBC® Mastercard, which has been extended.
The current offer for the card is for up to 100 WestJet Dollars†, structured as follows:
- Earn 100 WestJet Dollars upon spending $1,000 in the first three months†
The minimum spending requirement is much lower than its World Elite counterpart, and the annual fee is also less, at only $39 per year.†
With a lower annual fee, the earning rates on the card are also reduced, outlined as follows:
- Earn 1.5% back in WestJet Dollars per dollar spent on eligible WestJet flights and vacations†
- Earn 1% back in WestJet Dollars per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases†
Fortunately, you’ll also enjoy an annual WestJet companion voucher on this card;† however, it’s important to note that it comes with more restrictions than its World Elite counterpart.
The annual companion voucher on the WestJet RBC® Mastercard is valid for travel anywhere in Canada or the continental United States (excluding Hawaii) for a $199 base fare. Note that the companion voucher on the WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard can also be used for flights to Hawaii, Mexico, and the rest of WestJet’s network.
As a lower-tier card, the insurance coverage is less comprehensive; however, you’ll still enjoy the following coverage:†
- Auto rental damage and theft insurance for MSRPs of up to $65,000, which can help you save on the insurance fees that rental companies impose†
- Hotel burglary insurance of up to $2,500 in total†
- Travel accident insurance of up to $500,000 against accidental death or dismemberment†
- Extended warranty that doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to one year,†
- Coverage against accidental loss or damage of personal property for up to 90 days from the date of purchase†
The WestJet RBC® Mastercard has no minimum income requirement.
- Earn 100 WestJet Dollars upon spending $1,000 in the first three months
- Plus, receive an annual companion voucher for discounted travel on WestJet flights, with a co-pay starting at $199 plus taxes and fees
- No minimum income requirement
- Annual fee: $39
RBC® has just launched a record-high offer for up to 700 WestJet Dollars† on the WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard, and has also extended the existing offer on the lower-tier WestJet RBC® Mastercard.
If you fly with WestJet with any amount of frequency, be sure to give these offers a look.
The offer on the WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard is set to expire on March 14, 2024, so be sure to apply soon so you won’t miss out.
† Terms and conditions apply. Refer to the RBC® website for the most up-to-date information.
This story originally appeared on PrinceofTravel