The Jets were quiet at the trade deadline but did sign a veteran offensive lineman in Rodger Saffold.
They also expect Duane Brown and Joe Tippmann back soon, potentially this week, when they play in primetime Monday against the Chargers.
The Jets are riding high into this one following a miraculous, ugly win over the Giants.
Their star of the day was punter Thomas Morstead, who received the AFC Special Team Player of the Week award.
Morstead joined me and Brian Costello on a new episode of the “Gang’s All Here” podcast for a tremendous interview.
He also tells the entire backstory of the tale Aaron Rodgers told about him on “The Pat McAfee Show.”
Gang’s All Here Podcast with Jake Brown & Brian Costello:
- TRADE DEADLINE: Jets make no trades, but do sign OG Rodger Saffold. Jets were trying to trade for a WR but asking price too high from Broncos for their guys. Davante Adams was not available. The Jets did not want Hunter Renfrow. They did not think Ezra Cleveland was much of an upgrade. They will get Duane Brown and Joe Tippmann back soon.
- JETS-CHARGERS PREVIEW: Jets getting no love at home as three-point underdogs. Coz is taking the Chargers 24-20. I’m taking the Jets 20-17.
Thomas Morstead Interview:
- AARON RODGERS STORY: Thomas gives the back story of the story Rodgers told on the “Pat McAfee Show” about his wife meeting Aaron for the first time and calling him Andrew. Aaron met her and Thomas’ family and was so gracious. Now he calls his wife Lauren “Daphne”.
- RODGERS THE TEAMMATE: Getting to know him has been refreshing. Has ruffled some feathers during his career, but he loves connecting with people. He’s been great to be around. He brings hope every week being out there and doing more and more every week. It’s been inspiring to watch.
- EMOTIONAL JOURNEY: Was emotional after his great game against the Giants Sunday. May have been the best punter of the 2010s and then dealt with some injuries past few years that had teams stay away. Has found a home with the Jets.
- SUPER BOWL ONSIDE KICK: Looking back to winning a Super Bowl his rookie year in New Orleans and his successful onside kick in the Super Bowl.
Catch up on all episodes of “Gang’s All Here,” a New York Jets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Coz and Jake on Twitter @BrianCoz and @JakeBrownRadio.
This story originally appeared on NYPost