The Rangers made franchise history, going 5-0 on their road trip.
The fact that has not happened in nearly 100 years of the franchise is insane, but also a sign.
This Rangers team could be brewing up something special this season.
Sure, it’s early… but Peter Laviolette has his group playing tremendous hockey and their Vezina-winning goalie Igor Shesterkin playing at his usual elite level.
To break down the road trip and take a trip down memory lane, we bring you a new episode of the “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with hosts Brian Boyle, Mollie Walker, Larry Brooks and Andrew Harts.
Boyle’s former Rangers teammate and current ESPN NHL analyst, Dominic Moore, joined the pod.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast Opening Segment with Brian Boyle, Mollie Walker, Larry Brooks & Andrew Harts:
- HISTORIC ROAD TRIP: First 5-0 road trip in Rangers history. They have been carried by the goalies. The game-winner was big for Mika Zibanejad and a one-timer always feels incredible.
- COMING HOME: These guys are ready to get home. The first game back is always tough after a long trip. Their special teams is playing so well. Their power play is elite right now and around 30%, which is where it should be.
- ADAM JOHNSON TRAGEDY: Reacting to Adam Johnson tragically losing his life and why neck guards should probably be mandated in the NHL. Players were rattled in the locker room.
Dominic Moore Interview:
Former Rangers center (2003-2006, 2013-2016)
- GAME 6 GAME-WINNER: Looking back at his game-winning goal in Game 6 and Boyle setting him up with the pass. Has a coaster with the play on it that he shows to people. The guys break down how the play evolved, the goal and the celebration after.
- RANGERS PLAYOFF RUNS: So many fun memories with those teams. The Game 7 loss in 2015 loss was toughest to swallow.
- CURRENT RANGERS: Brought in Peter Laviolette at the perfect time. They have responded well to early challenges.
Catch up on all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a New York Rangers podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow the crew on Twitter @MollieeWalkerr, @JakeBrownRadio & @NYP_Brooksie.
This story originally appeared on NYPost